Saturday, July 21, 2012

my apologies...

Note, this post was written July 10th, but never got posted. Here it is though!

It has been brought to my attention (mmm by Sam) that I don't proof read my posts before uploading them. We actually had a really good laugh reading them out loud together and coming across so many errors. I assure you I can write without error and will try to do better!

Sam came home Sunday and it feels as if he was never gone! So happy to have him back :) Nothing too exciting to blog about this week... however I do have a funny story from work!

One night this week I was working, and the hostess told me that Matt Carlino was at a nearby table (for those of you who don't know, he is BYU's starting point guard). Anyway, in the Tillman house we loved Carlino last season, so I was kind of excited to see this guy. Anyway... me looking at Carlino... turned into Carlino checking me out (and not in that, 'you're kind of a local celebrity' type way). Anyway I caught that boy's glance my way every so often. No biggie though, the kid is younger than Rodger (my little brother)! However, it doesn't end there... as he and his friends were heading out, he stopped in front of me and asked me if he could get some chocolate mints. As I handed them the basket to take them from he quickly goes, "are you married?" My reply, "yes... but I enjoy watching you play." (Don't worry, Sam has approved of that comment). He didn't even say anything but smiled/blushed and walked away haha! Sam came in later that night to visit me and almost DIED when I told him that story. He texted the tale to a number of his friends, with pride (I assume) that BYU's point guard was interested in his wife's marital status. We decided we are still Carlino fans :)

So one last story... Sam knew how badly I wanted to go to the Gavin Degraw/Colbie Caillat concert here in Salt Lake. But sadly, they are coming while we will be at Yellowstone for our family reunion. Well on a whim Sam checked if they were playing anywhere near where we'll be. It just so happens they will be performing in Billings, MT the day we're leaving from the reunion. I don't know what came over me, but when Sam told me I started jumping up and down and was so excited to turn the concert into a road trip for us. Billings is only 4 hours from where we will be in Yellowstone, BUT its a 9 hour drive home. The adventurer in me did not care about that minor detail and so Sam bought his thrilled wife the tickets. The concert is August 11th and I think it will be the highlight of the summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment