Sunday, June 24, 2012

Oh ya, about Sam and me...

So here is an update on what Sam and I have been up to the past week.

PART 1

Highlight #1

We beat Donkey Kong 2 together. Yes, 102%.



Highlight #2

We went fishing with David & Judy (dad & mom) on Wednesday. We have a blast, each catching a few fish. David out-fished us all, but what is is new. I cannot wait to cook up some delicious Rainbow Trout for dinner this week :)

Highlight #3

We attended Sam's best friends birthday party this past Friday. The theme was childhood regrets (Rich's childhood regrets). If you know Rich at all, it was truly fantastic of a theme. We played two games (both with back stories from Rich's childhood, and both hilarious). A balloon game (tie a balloon around your ankle with a string, and try to be the last man standing) and 4 square! I actually was the second to last to keep my balloon, and had a great time playing 4 square. Sam and I were the last two to face off in four square during the tournament. Sam won. All in all a very good time with good people.

PART 2

Last night Sam and I had a fantastic date night. Sam came up with the idea to go geocaching. I had never gone before so I was very excited! He picked two for us and got the coordinates ready. Both were located in Springville, because I wanted to end our date at the Cracker Barrel Country Store.

Sam had this great idea that we should rent the new Sherlock Holmes movie to tie in our geocaching adventure (searching for a hidden box? Sherlock Holmes detective? Its a stretch we know) Anyway, we looked up which Redbox machines still had DVDs available for rent. There were only 2 stores left in the area. Sam was positive we wouldn't get a copy. I was determined we would. We had a good time running out of our car, cutting off other customers to check the Redbox machine. Location #1 was out, so we hurried off to the second one. There was a girl, and a dad and his son in front of us. I knew our chances were slim. The girl rented Alvin and the Chipmonks Chipwrecked! What luck! And the father son got 2 other movies. This was it, I stepped up and to my luck Sherlock Holmes was available. I slyly give Sam the thumbs up, mission accomplished (or was it?! More to come later). We celebrated in the car on our way to dinner at the Springville Maglebys.

Sam was skeptical to eat at Magleby's because he yet has been impressed with any of the other locations in the area. He said this time was better (the restaurant really is pretty inside) and our food was great... but our waitress was a little out there. She was strange to say the least. Before leaving we each enjoyed a small piece of their award winning cake with a cold glass of milk (surprise surprise) and then we were off to go geocaching. Our first location was the first Presbyterian church in Utah County, and the second was some random patch of land by sheep haha.

In front on the church.

The official log we signed our names in


Location #2, the sheep weren't worth photographing. Sorry sheep.

The sun was just setting and the temperature was finally perfect. Not so dang hot (its been in the high 90's this week). We took off for our last adventure before watching Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows, the Cracker Barrel country store! I grew up taking family vacations to Georgia, driving south from Michigan. A found memory was always stopping at the Cracker Barrel on our way. I absolutely felt like a kid walking in the store again. Sam was a good sport and we had a fun time looking at all the fun gifts and treats. Finally it was time to go home and watch the movie. As we popped it in the DVD player we wondered why all of the previews were so old... and then the movie started. We both knew it right away, I had rented the first Sherlock Holmes! I was so mad at myself and at the Redbox because I felt so deceived. Alas we ended the night, not watching the movie but I did get two free codes from Redbox by telling their customer service what happened. All in all a great night :) I love my Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment