Thursday, March 28, 2013

What We Believe

This week the Human Rights Campaign came out with a red equal sign that has blown up all over social media sites (for those to show their support for same sex marriage). In the past days many of our friends have posted/ had discussion on this topic. I think its really easy to sit back and not say or post anything. I especially know this since I usually keep quiet on such discussions. Its not because I don't have an opinion, I just usually allow everyone else to share theirs instead. But in this case, I want to know that Sam and I put our beliefs out there. That we stood up and said, "hey, we respect how you feel, and now this is what we think." So with that being said, this is what we believe:

By believing in this it doesn't mean we have less compassion towards others (we do), or that we don't love people who choose different lifestyles than we do (we do)! It just means we share a different belief and it is our duty as the holders of this belief to stand behind it. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love you! I haven't been on here for a while, and it was so good to catch up. :) We couldn't be more thrilled to have you and Sam living closer to our family! And thanks for sharing such a beautiful testimony on here...I needed to hear this today. :)

    ReplyDelete