Thursday, August 8, 2013

July Part 2- Anna Visits!

Our niece Anna came to visit Utah this past month. And we were the lucky aunt and uncle she asked to stay with! We felt honored (okay, I did, I was pretty stoked to have her stay). I joked with my best friend Kelly, and growing up you always read in books about the main character going to stay with her aunt and uncle for the summer. But those stories usually included a farm... are you following? If not then Kelly and I live in our own world haha anyway, we had a really great visit with Anna.

Saturday of her stay I picked her up from the airport and she came home with me and we went grocery shopping for the week. The next day we were hosting a niece dinner for all the Utah girls to get together with Anna. So we prepped that night for the dinner as well. I don't think our kitchen has ever been such a disaster. I couldn't have done all the prep without Anna's help, so glad she was willing. We roasted vegetables for lasagne roll ups, and canolli cups for dessert. Here are the recipes for each:

Lasagne Roll Ups: http://www.recipegirl.com/2013/06/18/roasted-vegetable-lasagna-roll-ups/

I substituted my favorite veggie tomato sauce from Rago instead of her creamy sauce. I felt like we were all eating enough cheese for the week with these roll ups!

Mini Cannoli Cups: http://www.cookingwithsugar.com/mini-cannoli-cream-cups-recipe-how-to-make-cannolis-the-easy-way/

Note to readers, the sugared pie crust needs to face inward, NOT touching the pan. We learned the hard way, and half of our pie cups were stuck to the cupcake tins!

Our Cannoli Cups, so cute right?!

The girls and me at our Niece Dinner, seriously, could these girls be any more gorgeous!?

There was a large family get together Sunday night which was great because then Anna could see all her Utah cousins and aunts and uncles. Other fun activities that took place while Anna was here:

Lots of shopping, no complaints by me
Pool time
Scary movie nights X2 (something I've avoided since getting married, I turned into a little scaredy cat!)
Temple Square + City Creek
Mani-Pedis 

I think one of my favorite things from Anna's visits was having her and Emily both spend the night and hear them giggling in Anna's bedroom into the wee hours. We will miss having that amazing girl here! 

                                            The nieces in Salt Lake, shopping at the new City Creek Center


 

      All cozied up on our last night together!

No comments:

Post a Comment