Thursday, August 8, 2013

July Part 3- Smitten with the Mitten

I got to go home to Michigan. The main reason for my trip was to meet Rodger's lovely girlfriend Valle. She was visiting the States for the first time, she is from Spain. As usual, each day of my trip was planned out. Here is a summary of my week :)

Friday: Travel to Michigan, family time and Kelly (best friend time) in Downtown Plymouth (DTP)
Saturday: Luke's Washer Tournament, family time, dancing in DTP
Sunday: Church, time with Rachel, her sweet baby boy and Stephanie in DTP, Hang out time with Kat and meeting her fiance Brent (a real winner, I loved him!)





 Monday: Frankenmuth and Birch Run (shopping) with my mom and Valle, lunch with my grandma and aunt, special Bridesmaid dinner in DTP for Kat (seriously, one of the highlights of my visit)

One of the most inspiring women in my life, my grandmother Verda. She is turning 92 this month!


At Bronners, the world's largest Christmas store in Frankenmuth, MI
The most stunning bride-to-be, so so excited to be one of her bridesmaids!!
Tuesday: family dinner with Valle and Rodger in DTP
Wednesday: Movie with my mom and Kelly, special Luke and Jenny time
Thursday: Final BFF lunch + Hobby Lobby with Kelly, fly home

 To summarize my trip, I'd say it was a lot of DTP (one of my favorite places in the entire world) and lots and lots of Kelly time. After whatever plans I had I usually ended up at Kelly's house for a couple of hours before turning in and going home for the night. Seriously blessed with the most amazing best friend in the entire world. She arranged her work schedule so that she'd have my whole visit free! I love going home, but being away from Sam for a week was killer. Lesson learned, next trip will have to be shorter or he'll just have to come!

Best friends for 18 years and still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment