Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First post and our first Valentine's Day!

Drum roll please... today I officially have started our blog. I've been wanting to do this since we got back from our honeymoon, but its taken me this long to sit down and get it created! I'll be posting fun projects I work on and stories of Sam and mine's adventure as newlyweds. Enjoy!

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!

To celebrate Sam and I brought our favorite bakery to us! I spent Monday night decorating our dining area to look like a cute Valentine's version of The Chocolate, a cute house-turned-bakery/cafe in North Orem. Our absolute favorite (and only) dessert we order there is called the Cazookie (Sam calls it something else... Pizookie, but it is officially called the Cazookie at the Chocolate ;-) We order the white chocolate macadamia nut version. It is a HUGE under baked cookie with a huge scoop of ice cream on top! And of course we always order milk to wash it down! This is fairly easy to create at home, however little did I know that Smith's is the only local grocery store that carries white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough (Toll House, sooo good!) And yes, it took me going to 4 different stores to find it! So in addition to this indulgent dessert we exchanged gifts, or 'tokens of my love' as I kept referring them to Sam and had a yummy co-made dinner. Sam cooked the antelope (for my Michigan girls, yes Sam killed an antelope in my honor and we eat it for dinner lol) and I took care of the rest, including heart shaped biscuits!









So yesterday we had a lot of fun, but its really just beginning! Sam has been working SO hard these past few weeks in preparation for the American Association of Behavior and Social Science conference taking place tomorrow and Friday in Las Vegas. He participated in research for a professor prior to graduating and tomorrow he's presenting at the conference! So whats a new a wifey to do? Of course tag along! We head out in a few hours and will be driving the group of student presenters down to Vegas and will be staying at Harrah's on the strip. We plan on eating dinner at the Cheesecake Factory tonight (we have a gift card and its my absolute favorite!) Sam will present tomorrow morning and then hopefully we will be able to relax and enjoy exploring Las Vegas together! More to come after we return!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun.:) We'll be in St. George. If you aren't racing to get back, call and we'll meet up. If we don't see you then, we'll try to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to see you have a blog. I added you to my list. It will be fun to keep up with what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete