Saturday, February 25, 2012

Simple Saturday

This morning Sam and I attended a financial seminar at BYU hosted for Alumni and current students. We split up and each attended a different seminar so that we could have double the helpful info for our family! Sam was SUPPOSED to be attending the seminar on planning for buying your first home (not that we are doing that!), but ditched it when he found out that a very popular professor that heads up most of the economic department was teaching the seminar on provident living. I went to the seminar on being a 'steward over family finances.'

I really enjoyed everything that the presenter (a BYU professor) had to say. I felt that I learned exactly what I needed for myself to help Sam and me and our future family. I felt especially grateful during the presentation for my wonderful husband who insisted I come with him on a Saturday morning. He's such a great influence on me and in helping me figure out my new role as a wife in our home.

On a completely separate note, Sam and I are home together a lot... and for many meals. So many meals that in a matter of 2 months I've gone from NEVER cooking to feeling the need to cook a couple times a day! Of course, I don't prepare a full meal for both lunch and dinner, but if I'm not cooking, it feels as if I'm doing the dishes from whatever cooking/eating we did last. My level of respect grows for mothers who do all this and raise children more and more each day. My sister-in-law Christi shared a very funny picture on her facebook page that made me giggle and fits exactly this...
I'm just glad that I have time to practice my cooking and cleaning skills while its still only Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment